My WebLink
|
Help
|
About
|
Sign Out
Home
Browse
Search
May 1992
sbend
>
Public
>
Historic Preservation
>
Meeting Minutes and Recordings
>
HPC Meeting Minutes 1992
>
May 1992
Metadata
Thumbnails
Annotations
Entry Properties
Last modified
1/11/2019 1:16:25 PM
Creation date
6/8/2020 10:07:45 AM
Metadata
Fields
Template:
South Bend HPC
HPC Document Type
Minutes
BOLT Control Number
1001404
There are no annotations on this page.
Document management portal powered by Laserfiche WebLink 9 © 1998-2015
Laserfiche.
All rights reserved.
/
50
PDF
Print
Pages to print
Enter page numbers and/or page ranges separated by commas. For example, 1,3,5-12.
After downloading, print the document using a PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Reader).
Show annotations
View images
View plain text
--replace porch foundation with brick or concrete <br />pier supports. <br />--leave roof and entablature intact <br />--replace existing brick porch steps in front with <br />wood risers/treads <br />--leave brick side steps for foundation concerns <br />Mr. Pastor reported that the staff considered this <br />proposal to be a positive step, in keeping with the <br />pertinent standards, towards restoration of the <br />building. Approval was therefore recommended. <br />Mr. Tidmarsh then told the HPC he had decided to <br />use brick pier supports, not concrete. The bricks <br />to be used were part of the present structure. <br />Mrs. Sporleder moved to approve the proposal; Mr. <br />Welsheimer seconded the motion. Mr. Oxian added <br />that the COA should stipulate brick pier supports. <br />Motion approved unanimouslv. <br />2. 1049 Riverside Drive --Riverside LHD. <br />This COA concerned the installation of a 9' high <br />pole, backboard, and basketball hoop in front of <br />the garage, in a flared rear drive apron. <br />Mr. Pastor summarized the staff report and <br />distributed polaroids of the site. He directed the <br />commission members' attention to the schematized <br />drawing of the hoop included in their April <br />information packets. <br />The staff recommended approval of the proposal <br />because the unit would be difficult to see from the <br />street; moreover, the unit was freestanding, and <br />well clear of any historically relevant fabric. <br />The owner, Mr. Tom Price,*said Mr. Pastor had <br />presented an adequate description of the project; <br />he had nothing to add. <br />Mrs. Sporleder moved to approve the proposal; Mr. <br />Welsheimer seconded the motion. Approved <br />unanimouslv. <br />3. 630 W. Washington --Local Landmark <br />Mr. Pastor summarized the staff report. This <br />house, rated 0-13, was built in 1886 by James <br />Oliver. It was protected both as a City Landmark <br />and as a part of the Southhold Restorations facade <br />easement program. <br />Plans were now underway to convert the property <br />2 <br />
The URL can be used to link to this page
Your browser does not support the video tag.