Laserfiche WebLink
When metal storm doors and windows are used, they should be painted, anodized or coated to match the existing. When awnings <br />are used they should be of canvas material. <br />Prohibited <br />Original doors, windows and hardware shall not be discarded when they can be restored and re -used in place. New window <br />and door openings which would alter the scale and proportions of the building shall not be introduced Inappropriate new <br />window and door features, such as aluminum insulating glass combinations that require the removal of the original windows <br />and doors, shall not be installed <br />Not Recommended <br />Awnings, hoods and fake shutters made of metal, vinyl or fiberglass should not be used if they would detract from the existing <br />character or appearance of the building. <br />STAFF RECOMMENDATION: Staff recommends that the Commission deny the application to install new vinyl windows in <br />this structure on the basis that that the Taylor's Field Standards and Guidelines are explicit in stating that original windows <br />"shall be retained." Staff further recommends that the arts -and -crafts style windows (with 16/1 divided light) original to the <br />front bays should be replaced and restored. <br />Written by <br />Adam Toering <br />Historic Preservation Specialist <br />Approved by <br />Elicia Feasel <br />Historic Preservation Administrator <br />Applicant voluntarily withdrew application pending further investigation and discussion <br />with staff. <br />Application #2017-1219 is withdrawn. <br />I* <br />2. 1203 E Wayne St South COA# 2018-0110 #7796-87 East Wayne Street <br />Historic District <br />Representation by Diane Phillips, 1203 E Wayne S <br />Terry Holm, 11347 Anderson Lake Drive <br />Jay Holm, 16099 Baywood Lane <br />STAFF REPORT <br />CONCERNING APPLICATION FOR A <br />CERTIFICATE OF APPROPRIATENESS <br />Date: January 15 2018 <br />Application Number: 2018-0110 <br />Property Location: 1203 East Wayne Street South <br />Architectural Style/Date/Architect or Builder: Tudor Revival / 1927 / "Simon House" / H.R. Stapp, Architect / Whitcomb & <br />Keller, Builder <br />Property Owner: Joseph Wawrykow <br />Landmark or District Designation: East Wayne Street Local Historic District, Ordinance #7796-87 <br />Rating: Outstanding <br />DESCRIPTION OF STRUCTURE/ SITE: The Tudor Revival house is a 2 -story frame on an irregular plan. It has a gable <br />with asphalt shingles with trim mouldings in rake and brick corbelled brackets at the corners under the eaves. The second floor <br />overhangs at the front entry area and is supported by brackets. The exterior fagade is comprised of offset brick and half <br />timbering gable roof and flat roof dormers through -the -cornice; stone sills and timber lintels at first floor front window and <br />rounded porch openings; brick half walls at front entry area and southwest corner. The pent roof is supported by brackets at the <br />